Benefits of joining NZIIA
NZIIA membership is open to anyone interested in understanding the importance of global affairs to the political and economic well-being of New Zealand. Join our diverse and influential network of people and organizations, who wish to exchange, debate and develop ideas on critical international issues. The benefits include:
- Regular updates on, and invites to, our events and activities (the majority of these are free to members);
- When you or your organisation joins NZIIA, we will add to our database either your name as an individual, or a selected number of staff of your organisation, to ensure all nominated individuals receive such updates;
- The opportunity to network at our events and activities in a neutral and informal environment with others from across central and local government, as well as from universities, not-for profit organisations, and private sector firms;
- NZIIA corporate, institutional and Wellington based individual members will be the first to know of conferences and seminars hosted by the Institute before public announcement. Similarly individual members at other branches will be the first to know of events in their region;
- Receipt of copies of our bi-monthly journal, the NZ International Review;
- The opportunity to sponsor events and activities to help raise the profile of your organisation;
- Access to resources (including speaking notes, presentations and submissions).
Costs of membership
NZIIA national office offers corporate and institutional membership as well as subscriptions to the New Zealand International Review.
NZ$ 558 (including GST) for the period 1 July to 30 June of the following calendar year.
- Nominate up to 8 staff from your organisation to receive electronic notices to our events and activities.
- Nominate up to 4 staff from your organisation to receive a hardcopy of the bi-monthly journal the NZ International Review.
To apply complete the Corporate Membership application form.
NZ$ 253 (including GST) for the period 1 July to 30 June of the following calendar year.
- Nominate up to 4 staff from your organisation to receive electronic notices to our events and activities.
- Nominate up to 2 staff from your organisation to receive a hardcopy of the bi-monthly journal the NZ International Review.
To apply complete the Institutional Membership application form.
Membership fees and the period of membership vary between the branches.
Some branches offer several types of membership (individual/family, retired/unwaged, or student). Benefits include:
- Regular updates on and invites to branch events and activities.
- Subscription to one copy of the New Zealand International Review.
- Opportunity to network.
- Wellington branch members (and those visiting from other regions) are invited to attend national office events in additrion to their own.
To become a member of one of the 10 ten branches around the country, contact a branch in your area.
New Zealand International Review
Six issues for the period 1 July to 30 June of the following calendar year.
- NZ$50 (including GST) – within New Zealand
- NZ$75 Australia and South Pacific
- NZ$95 Rest of the world
Complete the NZIR subscription form.